A.R.Rahman enthralled a 18000-strong audience in Hollywood on Sunday. Mumbai Mirror reports that more than 70% of the audience were Americans, which is sharp contrast to any other Indian show held in the US, where in the stands would be filled with Indians and south-asians - One more fact to prove that A.R.Rahman has become "truly global"!!!

This was what Hariharan said at Hollywood Bowl "1965- Beatles, 1968 - Jimmy Hendricks, 2006 - Rahman perfoms at the Hollywood Bowl"
(Thanks to Wasim, arrahmanfans)
"And the boyish-looking A R Rahman - who sings and plays piano as well as composes for films and musicals - is the biggest. Usually "World Music Night" at the Bowl (or anywhere) is a reserved affair, tepid exoticism for college educated white Americans: "Let's have a hand for Mauritania's greatest guitarist." But when A R Rahman was introduced as having sold more albums than Michael Jackson, I knew I was in for something far, far bigger than most of us Angelenos expected. It was a spectacular concert. And frankly, I believe India produces the greatest pop music on the planet. Certainly better than what passes for pop in America these days, and far, far better than the canned, syrupy pop music you'll find in most other countries, from France to Taiwan."
(from marktapiokines journal)

Comment from another American who attended the concert (Thanks to Gopal, arrahmanfans):
"The concert was fabulous - oh, those arrangements, the voices (Rahman's is so powerful!), the joy, the energy...it was a delight. The audience was full to the brim and dancing up a storm. "
By Aravind on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 9:41 AM Post Categories: ,
Comments
  1. G

    I Wwish I could have been there. I live in northern cal and this was happening in so-cal. Well I pray to god next time. Yea and about the fan club thing, it is the magic of Rahman that draws all of us to him. Enjoy.

  1. Anonymous

    I was there and it was FANTASTIC!!!! I don't think I have ever enjoyed live performance sooo much. After the show, most of us were hoarse and still high on the adrenaline!! I just wish he has played the opening scores of Sivaji.
    Q.

  1. Vani Viswanathan

    Yayyy...
    And sigh, God knows when I'll be able to attend one such show!!

  1. Aravind

    @ Tanya:
    I thought u would not hav missed the show!!

  1. Aravind

    @ anon:
    me feeling jealous!!! :P
    Opening scores of Sivaji?? u must be kidding...

  1. Aravind

    @ Vani:
    There was one concert in Singapore last yr, right?
    yaen pogala?

  1. True Blue Rahmaniac

    Just heard them last night. Didn't really appreciate the bad diction again, but ARR himself was awesome. Guess I'm a stickler for diction. Anyways, I wish I could've been there.

  1. Aravind

    >>I wish I could've been there.

    I wish I cud've been there too!! :)

  1. Aconfusedsoul

    sounds great!! thalaivar vaazhga!! :)

  1. Aravind

    @f2f:
    :)

  1. Pshant

    it was awesome dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

  1. Anonymous

    it was awesome

  1. Anonymous

    Great article! Thanks.

  1. Anonymous

    Thanks for interesting article.

  1. Anonymous

    Nice Blog!

  1. Anonymous

    Thank You! Very interesting article. Do you can write anything else about it?

  1. Anonymous

    Very interesting site. Blog is very good. I am happy that I think the same!

  1. Anonymous

    Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

  1. Daniela

    Thanks ever so much, very useful article. If you do not mind, please visit my article related to pandeglang district in Banten, Indonesia at Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang or Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang second and also Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang Objek Wisata Air Terjun Curug Gendang or related to a leadership at Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa and Oes Tsetnoc or Oes Tsetnoc the second and our hard work at Kerja Keras Adalah Energi Kita that's right Kerja Keras Adalah Energi Kita, and Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang Memasuki Babak Akhir also Objek Wisata Taman Wisata Alam Carita, very smart thank you!

Post a Comment